Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yay! The Iraq Study Group's report is here!

Hooray for the Iraq Study Group! They have finally solved it. I'm sure glad that they have all the answers. I'm voting for them. < /sarcasm >

I'm not quite sure how disappointed I should be that stuff like this is widely accepted as "Media worthy" truth.

I started reading the report and at about page 12 had to stop. This line really did it for me: "The situation in Iraq is grave and deteriorating. There is no path that can guarantee success, but the prospects can be improved."

Now, I hope for the sake of the free world that this quote was aimed at the terrorists. Now, unless things have changed since I spent 337 days patrolling the dusty streets of that country, we are winning the war... and in a big way.

I've said it before in regards to this war, but a diplomatic approach is wrong. Diplomacy doesn't work in war! It's a fact. Wars are won with violence. Oh wait, no... WWII ended when World leaders sat around, held hands, and talked about love and peace. I almost forgot about that famous gathering. Are you kidding me?! We had to drop more than 1 bomb in Japan before they gave up! We physically marched into Germany and DESTROYED the Nazi regime. Have we forgotten that the 42nd ID lost half their men fighting for Dauchau? Uuuggghhhh...
But no... The Iraqi Study Group believes that:
"The US should immediately launch a new diplomatic offensive to build an international consensus for stability in Iraq and the region."

Why?!? So more US troops can die while being blindsided and cheated to death in a war fought unfairly by the other "side"???
I don't get it.

Let's CRUSH the insurgency like we should have done in 2003. Let the troops do what they are trained to. Kill. Then we can hold hands and sing songs with the "new leaders" of Iraq. Until the terrorists are dead and defeated, I will NOT quit voicing my distaste with the way this "War" is being "fought".

I'm done.

Go read the Study if you'd like. Here's the link to the PDF version.


****************** UPDATE ************************

Froggy over at Blackfive has more or less written something similar to what I'm saying as far a solution is concerned. He goes into a bit more detail. And if I'm sharing the same military opinions as someone as accomplished as he is, then I must be doing something right!

Labels:


Comments:
Some of the talk radio guys have been calling it the "Iraq Surrender Report" ... and the bits I've heard about certainly make me cringe. I know they are cherry-picking, but this in time with the lame-sounding new SecDef just gives me the willies.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]